KMDI usage in KDevelop4

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Wed Jul 13 23:13:03 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 18:05, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > Rationale? Hmm... take a closer look at kmdi and kdockwidget sources ;)
> Well, they are certainly not very nice ;-) The biggest problem is lack of
> comments.
I wish it was the biggest problem in kmdi....

> However, the code in src/newui, which being more that twice smaller than
> KMDI, has the same problem (comments I mean).
Hehe :) This can be fixed ;)

> Ok, I've tried it. First bug report:
> 1. Start KDevelop
> 2. Click on "Variables" tab.
> Expected result (as in KMDI):
> 1. The window takes about 20% of main window width.
> 2. The "Variable name" column takes 50% of variables window width
> Actual result:
> 1. The window takes about 70% of main window width
The toolview width is saved in the config file. You can just resize it.
> 2. The "Variable name" column takes about 10% of variables window width
This doesn't seem connected to the UI mode/library. It's just "Variable"
column that has fixed width probably.

> Another problem is that variables window is not auto-hidden when debugger
> exists, but I'll report that problem in detail after committing the
> auto-hiding code, so that you can easily reproduce.
>
> Also -- seems like it's no longer possible to "float"/"detach" a tool
> window?
"float" doesn't exist "by design" untill somebody implements a sane way to
show floated widgets.
"detach" is in works now. It is simple to implement but I'm working on much
improved way of detaching/attaching docks.

> Ok, I'll try using this mode for a while and report any other problem I run
> into.
Ok.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine