Indentation problems

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Fri Jul 8 08:39:07 UTC 2005

On Friday 08 July 2005 10:30, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:

> > How do I get the same effect in KDevelop?
>
> You don't.
>
> The solutions seam to be:
> 1. you improve astyle.
> 2. you implement 'on-the-fly' tab indentation on kate
> 3. you provide a "ktexteditor" interface to emacs (this will allow you to
> use emacs inside KDevelop)
>
> So just choose one. :)

Ok, thanks for explaining! I'm not sure yet which approach is best, but I'd
say it's better to have "reformat" source and the "Tab" key use the same
indentation mechanism. As it stands now, they are completely unrelated, and
if they remain this way, reformatting the code will produce different results
from typing the same code by hand.

- Volodya