Indentation problems

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Fri Jul 8 08:31:09 UTC 2005

On Friday 08 July 2005 08:15, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> It looks like in SVN HEAD, it's Settings -> Konfigure KDevelop ->
> Formatting.
Yes, that's it.

> 1. It's not possible to say that in
>
>    namespace boost { namespace grammar {
>
> KDevelop should not break second namespace to a new line.
Well, kdevelop uses "astyle" library to do the indentention. The stuff you
want is not configurable in astyle.

> 2. If I type the above and type "Enter", cursor is positioned at column 0,
> not indented.
There is no "automatic, on-the-fly, super turbo" indenter in kate.

> 3. I can configure Kate to insert 4 space characters when typing Tab, but
> that's not quite enough.[...]
yes, I know.

> How do I get the same effect in KDevelop?
You don't.

The solutions seam to be:
1. you improve astyle.
2. you implement 'on-the-fly' tab indentation on kate
3. you provide a "ktexteditor" interface to emacs (this will allow you to use
emacs inside KDevelop)

So just choose one. :)

--
Amilcar Lucas