developing a new part for a build tool

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Mon Jul 4 08:37:03 UTC 2005

On Saturday 02 July 2005 21:48, Etay Meiri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to develop a new part under buildtools. I copied the
> custommakefiles to a new directory and renamed all the relevant places
> in the code/makefiles/rc/desktop files from the original to my
> specific part (for example, KDevCustomProject --> KDevSimpleProject,
> CustomPrjectPart --> SimpleProjectPart, etc). I also updated
> buildtools/Makefile.am to install my part along with the others and I
> see that the library, rc and destop files were installed along with
> the regular plugins.
> I created a small autotools project and renamed the projectmanagement
> attribute to my part (KDevSimpleProject). However, when I try to open
> the project I get an error that my project management plugin cannot be
> found.
>
> How can I debug this?

Very wild suggestion: use the "strace -f -o log kdevelop" to log all
filesystem operations. Check if kdevelop tries to access appropriately named
library (the one specified in .desktop file for your plugin). If it tries,
you'll see the paths searched (KDEDIRS/libs, most likely), and can verify
that the library is there.

If not, try

   ktradertest KDevelop/Plugin

and grep for your plugin. If it's not there, you need to install .desktop file
for your plugin somewhere and (probably), re-run kbuildsycoca

HTH,
Volodya