Integration of KFormDesigner into KDevelop

Cédric Pasteur cedric.pasteur at free.fr
Sat Jul 2 14:59:05 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,
I'm the main developer of KFormDesigner
( http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=14796 ), which aims to become
Qt Designer replacement (or at least competitor).

It was developed first to become Kexi form plugin, and my efforts were mostly
done for this. That's why KFormDesigner still lacks a lot of feature, but the
framework is ready to create these features. This include support for all kde
widgets, custom widgets (subforms are already supported), better factories
filtering as well as scripting and kactions support (which would be based on
Kross, made by Sebastian Sauer, available in kexi/scripting/ dir).
I already have tried to embed kfd into kdevelop, but this plugin is still very
basic (see kexi/formeditor/kdevelop_plugin).

I'd like to know if you are interested in helping this integration, and also
in improving kformdesigner, by adding all needed features. Of course I'll do
the job, but I need to know if you're backing me, and if this is really worth
spending time.
I think this could be a good thing, as I was very disappointed by qt4
designer, which doesn't bring any new interesting feature and is even wore
than qt3 designer.

Cedric
--
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." -George W. Bush, in
Sept. 2000