Debugger problems

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Jul 1 15:12:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

 Here is an example how to reproduce the "debugger is not stopping on
breakpoints" error.
 Load the KDE/kdewebdev/quanta/quanta.kdevelop (or recreate by importing
it, as it contains some paths specific for my PC), set a breakpoint on
line 65 of src/kqapp.cpp (in the KQApplication constructor) and run
Quanta in the debugger. It will not stop there.
 If you set a breakpoint for example in src/main.cpp, line 209, when the
KQApplication is created, you can step inside the constructor, but if
you have another breakpoint in the constructor (let's say line 68), a
"Continue" will not stop there.
  Same problem happens in other places as well, as I see mostly in
constructors of the objects. Examples:
 treeviews/structtreetag.cpp, lines 37, 47, 207,
dialogs/tagdialogs/tagxml.cpp lines 35, 41. Funny is that if you have a
breakpoint in a function called from a constructor (like line 50  in
tagxml.cpp), it will stop there.

Andras