[quanta-devel] Re: Subversion repository structure (was: trunk/kdeedu/klettres)

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Tue Feb 22 13:29:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

> > But something I want to suggest is to think about the different languages
> > as well. I think it would be nice to make it easier for people to choose
> > only the language support they want. Right now it appears to me rather
> > difficult to create a KDevelop for C++ only.
>
> Using KDevelop 3.2 beta you can run
> kdevelop --profile CppIDE
> or even
> kdevelop --profile KDECppIDE
> That way you only load plugins applicable for c++ (kde c++) development.
> Also a number of application templates in the new app wizard will be
> reduced and only c++ templates shown.

Small misunderstanding here :-(
I do not mean at runtime. I was thinking about build time. For me it was not
obvious how I can get the code for KDevelop just for a C++ ide and not the
support for the other languages. I know you can configure it that way, but
that still means you have to download the whole package first.

What I suggest is to grain KDevelop further so that you can get the IDE plus
suport for C++ and Ruby and nothing else. Or Quanta and Java...

Do you see what I mean?

Jens