[quanta-devel] Re: Subversion repository structure (was: trunk/kdeedu/klettres)

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Mon Feb 21 18:35:06 UTC 2005

On Monday 21 February 2005 11:06, Jens Herden wrote:
> > Ok, so for now we have this layout:
> > trunk/KDE/kdevplatform (contains plugins and the platform)
> > trunk/KDE/kdewebdev
> >
> > trunk/kdevelop
> > or
> > trunk/KDE/kdevelop
>  I think this is fine for Quanta. But I am a bit confused about the
> difference between shell and platform. Do I understand correctly that the
> shell is also in trunk/KDE/kdevplatform ?
Yes, such a shell surely belongs to the platform.

> But something I want to suggest is to think about the different languages
> as well. I think it would be nice to make it easier for people to choose
> only the language support they want. Right now it appears to me rather
> difficult to create a KDevelop for C++ only.
Using KDevelop 3.2 beta you can run
kdevelop --profile CppIDE
or even
kdevelop --profile KDECppIDE
That way you only load plugins applicable for c++ (kde c++) development.
Also a number of application templates in the new app wizard will be reduced
and only c++ templates shown.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine