which KMainWindow?

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:36:06 UTC 2005

I was wondering, in Jedit, they have a global actionmap object, where
you request action objects by name, instead of creating them in a
bunch of places.

But it seems like the way the shortcut menu works is it searches
through all widgets for children/grancdhildren of type "QAction".

So all we need to do is go through the kdevelop code and get rid of
the redundant creations of QActions and replace them with calls to a
central map object. I volunteer to do that.

The question is, is there already a class that does something similar
to that that I should start with, or should we start over with a new
class? What should it be called/where should it go?