Contributing to Java support in KDevelop

Pramod Biligiri pramod.biligiri+kdevelop at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:42:02 UTC 2005

On 12/6/05, Jakob Petsovits <jpetso at gmx.at> wrote:
> I've been working on a new Java parser for KDevelop in the last few weeks.
> Roberto Raggi (who will surely join the thread soon) wrote a parser generator
> called kdevelop-pg which is used to generate the parser from a grammar.
> The parser is not fully finished yet, but it can't be too long.
I've been on this list for about a month now, and remember reading
some posts about work on the Java parser. And having used KDevelop as
a light weight alternative to Eclipse/Netbeans, I have realized
there's *so* much that can be done, and KDE can do, in this area.

> As I'm new to KDevelop developing myself, I can't tell you exactly
> what's best to do now, but you should definitely check out
> http://www.kdevelop.org/HEAD/doc/api/html/howToAddProgrammingLanguages.html
> as this page covers all the topics that can be implemented by language parts,
> many of these can be improved.
I'll try to get the latest KDE, KDevelop etc from CVS and get a hang
of the build process first.

I assume building KDE and KDevelop from the Subversion HEAD is a good
place to start?

Pramod