Java parser: transcription finished

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Fri Dec 2 11:51:07 UTC 2005

Hi jakob!

On Friday 02 December 2005 11:15, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> If for example LBRACE !(anything) RBRACE doesn't match {} and 'anything'
> does under no circumstances start with RBRACE, then I assume it's a bug.

hmm, if `anything' does not reduce the episilon (-> 0)  you need to write

  LBRACE RBRACE | LBRACE !(anything) RBRACE
-> ...

or

  LBRACE (!anything | 0) RBRACE
-> ...

> So, Prof. Puntigam meant that I should maybe try these conflicts with nasty
> hacks, because implementing LL(k) or backtracking myself would take too
> much time, and it's not granted that you'll make it in time for my
> deadlines.
extend kdev-pg to support backtracking is pretty easy :-) but LL(k) is not
trivial. I think your work is great!! I really want it in KDevelop. So I
think it is time to me to implement backtracking in kdev-pg.

> Ah well, i must say thanks to you all, for making KDevelop so cool and
> making my contribution possible at all. So, thanks, everyone :-)
:-)

ciao robe