malloc_consolidate related "lockup"?

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Thu Aug 25 10:28:03 UTC 2005

KDevelop has been locking up on me recently, and I've been trying to figure
out why by doing gdb attach PID.  I really don't know how to use gdb very
well, but I got this far:

(gdb) n
Single stepping until exit from function malloc_consolidate,
which has no line number information.
continue

[didn't return for about 40 seconds, so I hit ^C and ^D, and nothing happened
for a few more seconds. Then I got the following stuff]

[Switching to Thread 1116429232 (LWP 8385)]
0x41c428a1 in pthread_cond_wait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
(gdb)
Single stepping until exit from function pthread_cond_wait@@GLIBC_2.3.2,
which has no line number information.

Any suggestions on how to get better info from GDB? Other than RTFM.  I would,
but I was in the middle of reporting an unrelated KDevelop bug when I got
this one. :-/
--
Regards,
Steven