Breakpoints widget rendering problem

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu Aug 18 14:15:58 UTC 2005

Hello,
often  see a ugly black background on the breakpoints widget:

  http://zigzag.cs.msu.su/~ghost/breakpoints_black_background.png

It reproduces perfectly for me: set a breakpoint, start application in the
debugger, wait till it stops and open the "Breakpoints window".

I have no idea what's wrong. The table is just QTable.
The problem disappears when I comment out the

  m_table->setFocusStyle(QTable::FollowStyle);

line, but then we get bold border around selected cells, that don't look nice:

  http://zigzag.cs.msu.su/~ghost/breakpoints_black_border.png

The problem also goes away when I comment out body of the following method:

   void GDBBreakpointWidget::focusInEvent( QFocusEvent */* e*/ )
   {
      m_table->setFocus();
   }

or if I change the method to be:

   void GDBBreakpointWidget::focusInEvent( QFocusEvent */* e*/ )
   {
       if (m_table->currentRow() == -1 ||
           m_table->currentColumn() == -1)
       {
           m_table->setCurrentCell(0, 0);
       }
       m_table->setFocus();
    }

The latter solution does not have any negative effects, but is complete
black magic for me. Can anybody tell if the black background is a problem with
Qt, or some misuse of QTable?

The code in question is languages/cpp/debugger/gdbbreakpointwidget.cpp, or
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop/languages/cpp/debugger/gdbbreakpointwidget.cpp?rev=438982&view=markup

Thanks in advance,
Volodya