Broken displaying of QString's in the Variable view

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Thu Aug 11 12:15:07 UTC 2005

> > For a good history visit:
> > http://www.kdevelop.org/3.3/ChangeLog.html
>
> Hmm.. I would say that page, with all newlines from log messages stripped,
> is not very usable. Say, instead of:
>
> r442046 | rgruber | 2005-08-01 16:36:25 +0400 (Mon, 01 Aug 2005) | 7 lines
>
> Fixed two bugs in variable widget:
> * wrong representation of string which starts with a lot of same
> * characters
> * references which points to structs of classes could not be opened to
> * see
>   their content
>
> I see:
>  languages/cpp/debugger/gdbparser.cpp: Fixed two bugs in variable widget: *
> wrong representation of string which starts with a lot of same * characters
> * references which points to structs of classes could not be opened to *
> see their content

Yes, it is a known problem.
Yes, it works like that on the python script that I adapted at home.
But the webserver does not have python-xml installed :(
I've asked the sysadmin to install it some time ago, but did not get any
answer.
So I had to use XSLT to build the ChangeLog.html files. And that "feature"
is still not implemented in the XSLT script. I'll try to fix it.

Regarding the python script and the quality of it's output, you can see it
here (this one is not cron based and does not run on the webserver)
http://www.kdevelop.org/3.3/ChangeLog_3_2_to_3_3branchpoint.html

Please note the correct Names and e-mail addresses on this one too.

--
Amilcar Lucas
Current webmaster