Broken displaying of QString's in the Variable view

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu Aug 11 11:55:07 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 19:43, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 August 2005 17:10, Andras Mantia wrote:
> >  Since commit 442046 by Robert Gruber displaying of QString's (const
> > QString &string) in the variable view is not possible. All you get is
> > the memory address, but not the string content itself. Even before this
> > commit it was partially broken. With revision 440103 the string is
> > displayed incorrectly (t\000e\000\s\000\t) for "test", and I cannot see
> > the members of a KURL.
> >  I don't have the earlier commit mails and I don't want to try this one
> > by one and for some reason svn doesn't even like to go back in a branch
> > to a date before the branch was created....
> >  But as not many people have touched the debugger code, please review
> > your changes and fix these bugs as they make KDE developing very hard.
>
> For a good history visit:
> http://www.kdevelop.org/3.3/ChangeLog.html

Hmm.. I would say that page, with all newlines from log messages stripped, is
not very usable. Say, instead of:

r442046 | rgruber | 2005-08-01 16:36:25 +0400 (Mon, 01 Aug 2005) | 7 lines

Fixed two bugs in variable widget:
* wrong representation of string which starts with a lot of same
* characters
* references which points to structs of classes could not be opened to
* see
  their content

I see:
 languages/cpp/debugger/gdbparser.cpp: Fixed two bugs in variable widget: *
wrong representation of string which starts with a lot of same * characters *
references which points to structs of classes could not be opened to * see
their content

Could that be fixed?

- Volodya