KDE/kdevelop

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Aug 5 01:04:10 UTC 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 12:00 pm, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> On Thursday 04 August 2005 12:14 am, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > SVN commit 442858 by mattr:
> >
> > i'm tired of waiting for whoever has the source for
> > kdevelop4 to import it into subversion, so i'm starting porting.
> > ran qt3to4, don't know or care if it compiles, just hoping this
> > will motivate whoever has the source for kdevelop4 to get up off
> > their ass and get into subversion.
>
> This is not useful at all since there is a fair amount of effort already
> done. The reasons for the current lack of an import have been made, and
> imho are valid.  Yes it's annoying but lets start with that. Going off on
> our own is not a good idea and will get us back into gideon's problems.
> Please consider this.

I never intended for it to be useful. This commit was made around the same
time that adam posted, so it wasn't like i got pissed off after seeing adam's
mail.  I only intended for it to be a wake up call that if nobody else will
act that others will and that no matter how much i want to work with you guys
on kdevelop, i won't sit around and wait.

Now, regarding my commit, I don't care what happens to it, it's the only one
of that kind i'll make, i fully intend on waiting on whatever is you guys did
in Kiev, but it's been a month now, and that was quite long enough to wait
that I felt a wake up call was needed.
--
Matt