KDevelop 3.3 release schedule

Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 16:06:05 UTC 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 05:04 pm, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> Hi!
> At this point I'd like to ask developers whether we're following
> KDE 3.5 release?
>
> My personal opinion is that we should not do that. Feature freeze
> on 1st August is too close and we still do not have:
> 1) many patches from this mailing list applied
> 2) new qmake manager (work in progress)
> 3) polished simple ideal mode (splitting doesn't work correctly in all
> cases)
> 4) did i forget smth more?
>
> Currently IMHO we've almost nothing to release as KDevelop 3.3.
> I'd like to propose then that we plan 3.3 release somewhere in November
> or December so we could finish all features we want.
>
> What do you think?
I agree with November.  I would like to take some time at Malaga to finish
QMake support.  What is missing is the ability to sync changes back to the
disk, then it is pretty much "as good as it can get".   If anyone else has
time or energy to help with that prior, it is about 2 weeks of concentrated
work.  We also need to address the current code completion, it seems that it
is too sensitive compared to the older 3.1 version.  It seems to work for me
most of the time, but I cannot figure out if its katepart or KDevelop that
makes it try to do codecompletion in comments, or in the middle of words.

Adam, maybe we need a hack session?  Do you want to get together here before
or after malaga? or at the Desktop meeting in october?  Matt will be there
too, so maybe we can arrange a day of hacking after the conference.

Lastly Alexander, I would like us to start moving forward on what we talked
about in keiv about what ships with KDevelop.  Now that in SVN we can move
stuff around much easier can we look at a KDevelop-ExtraGear?

Cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser