Language PHP Support

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Tue Apr 19 16:06:04 UTC 2005

On Monday 18 April 2005 08:37 am, Escuder Nicolas wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Don't apply my first patch or reverse it ;o)
>

> ChangeLog :
>

> -          Added multi listview report problems from problemreports in
> language cpp
>

> -          Added background parser :
>
> o        Added todo / fixme parser
>
> o        Added include parser / automatically add and parse the include
> file in class viewer
>
> o        Added php scripts checker sample : php -l -f FILE on file saving
>

> -          Added project options :
>
> o        Added Include Path
>
> o        Default Startup File is for PHP Scripts and PHP Web Scripts
>
> o        All pages in one tabbed page
>

> -          Added PHPFile class for parsing / check scripts
>

> You can file the tow patch needed for this implementation.
>

> Hope you will commit this in the dev branch
>

> Nicolas.
>

> Hope to have an answer about this patches ..

A few nitpicks:

- If you've added new files, and it looks like you have, please add them to
the end of the Makefile.am file. This is just a style thing really, but it
makes it easier to see what files are new, and you don't have to do it if you
don't want to. :)

- the kdevdeepcopy.h file is wrong. use QDeepCopy instead of rolling your own.
However, you shouldn't need deep copy for QStrings, and if you do, you
definately should be using QDeepCopy instead.

- Are phpconfigparserwidget.h and phpconfigparserwidget.cpp no longer needed
and hence why they are deleted in the patch?

- You removed the license header from phperrorview.h. please add it back. You
can add your own copyright there if you want, but the license headers need to
be there.

- The license headers are missing from phpfile.h and phpfile.cpp. You should
add license headers to those files. You can copy a header straight from
another file and modify it for your own needs.

I won't comment on the functionality in the patch since i don't know PHP, so
if nobody else has any other objects, and the questions I've raised are
answered, then i imagine you'll probably see your work in kdevelop in the
next release. (btw, the encapsulation of the new options in phpconfigdata.
{h,cpp} looks much better. thanks for implementing my suggestion.)

Thanks for the patch,

Matt