kdevcustomimporter.desktop: was: Re: Development policy documents

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Tue Sep 14 04:57:05 UTC 2004

On Monday 13 September 2004 19:06, Jens Dagerbo wrote:

> Yeah.. this was so strange it had to be cvs ghosts or a rational
> explanation. Thankfully, no ghosts are needed to explain this:
>
> kdevelop/languages/cpp/pcsimporter/customimporter/kdevcustomimporter.deskto
> kdevelop/buildtools/projectmanager/importers/custom/kdevcustomimporter.desk
>top
>
> We have the same .desktop name in two places! :)
>
> Roberto, as both are "yours" I think it only fair that you get to decide
> which one to rename. ;)
>

> jd

I think he did this on purpose to get people to read his code. ;) Fortunately
I'm still at the stage where hunting down bugs like this is a net gain
because of the learning experience.

One thing I learned is that KDevelop is very hard to remove from a system by
hand.  There are several hundred files called kdev* in /opt/kde3 two, at
least, are not kdevelop related.  fortunately I resisted the urge to `for f
in $(find /opt/kde3 -name "kdev*");do rm -f $f;done'
--
Regards,
Steven