Question about the new project manager

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Mon Sep 13 10:19:06 UTC 2004

Hi

I forgot to say that we don't store the project structure in the .kdevelop
file.. and we will continue to load and edit the `build file'(i.e.
Makefile.am or project.pro) directly..

On Saturday 11 September 2004 06:20, Adam Treat wrote:

> PS If you really are going ahead with storing all the information in
> the .kdevelop file and using the importer only once ... well, damn, that is
> a lot of work recreating automake and writing a parser that will import all
> of the myriad possibilities in those various files!
>
> PSS If you are actually just continuing to use Makefile.am to store the
> build information and then calling automake and friends... well, it is a
> lot easier and I'd hope this is what you're planning, but perhaps
> 'importer' is not such a good word ;)
I disagree ;) because the `importer' has to `import' the project structure in
the KDevelop workspace without the editing support.

ciao robe