API documentation (or lack of it)

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Wed Oct 27 15:16:07 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 14:50, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that several people have put quite a bit of work into KDevelop's API
> documentation, but frankly, it's a piece of crap, and nearly worthless
> because a boatload of classes are documented. However, rather than just
> bitch and whine about it, I'm going to fix it. Every poorly documented
> class that I can document in KDevelop, I will document. Let's end the
> madness now. If you wrote a class that has no documentation and can
> document it before I get to it, I'll owe you $FAVORITE_FOOD.

Just last night Adymo decided to restrict the API documentation contents
to three directories:
INPUT                  = doc/api \
                         lib \
                         buildtools/projectmanager/interfaces

That removes a ton on unnecessary stuff from the API and makes it a real
API

I'm considering doing a .tag file out of it and build (with doxygen) another
set of documents (call it source documentation if you want) that has all the
non important documentation.

BTW doxygen produces a log file every night:
http://www.kdevelop.org/HEAD/doc/api/doxygen.mail.log

--
Amilcar Lucas
Current webmaster