KDevelop Ruby support

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 13:38:03 UTC 2004

I've just been looking at the recent commits in kde-cvs at kde.org and several
ones from Alex Dymo on the KDevelop ruby support. I've just been trying out
the Qt Designer integration - wow! I'd just about got round to thinking about
adding it, and now it's already there and looking pretty stunning! It really
is starting to look a very nice RAD environment indeed.

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 21:44, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> Use customproject for qt ruby template instead of autoproject. Makefile
> will automatically regenerate any .ui implementations.
Sounds good. I'll add another project template for the qmakeapp translated
into ruby in the same customproject style.

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 21:54, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> The first step in creating RubyQt/Korundum RAD environment - started to
> implement KDevDesigner integration for Ruby: works: automatic and manual
> subclass creation
> doesn't work: function adding, editing and removing.
I love this! It works beautifully.

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 22:00, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> we don't need tar.gz in cvs
Ah ok

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 22:09, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> Fixed ruby dcopservice template: do not overwrite c++ dcopservice template
> and do not install extra files.
Oops - sorry about that..

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 22:50, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> Fixed method (slot) addition. Ruby parser does not set end points for
> classes and methods so there is no way to add functions to the end of the
> class. Ok, atm I'm adding them to the beginning. Editing and removing are
> still not implemented. Also function arguments are added with their types.
The class parser is a bit simple with just matching regular expressions. It
isn't powerful enough to look for the end's of method definitions. Perhaps if
it looked for an 'end' with the same level of indentation as the 'def', that
might be better than nothing.

I'm quite excited about KDevelop ruby support now - I think it really is going
to get a lot of people trying out QtRuby/Korundum - a really perfect match.

Just some sort of interactive debugger, and it really will be a killer RAD
environment.

-- Richard