KDevelop-devel digest, Vol 1 #1813 - 2 msgs

Nick Savoiu savoiu at ics.uci.edu
Tue Oct 5 17:50:10 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Is there a way to pass extra commands to GDB when the debugger is invoked
from KDevelop? I would like to pass the following commands before 'run' is
invoked

set auto-solib-add 0
break main

and the following after:

sharedlibrary <libs.so>
continue

In the above <libs.so> would change over time. The other things are static.

This would allow me to selectively load symbols which is critical for a very
large program. I thought 'Program Arguments' under Project->Project
Options->Debugger would help but it just seems to be a dead entry. It's
overridden by the same setting in Project->Project Options->Run Options.

Thanks,
Nick