Objective-C support

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 09:09:05 UTC 2004

On Saturday 30 October 2004 19:28, Mark Woollard wrote:
> What's the state of play with ObjC support? I've read a thread a while
> back suggesting someone took on the project and have been looking at
> what's involved, but I notice that there is some ObjC support in the
> current C/C++ language side of things, at least to the extent of being
> able to create files for ObjC classes through 'New class'. Are there
> plans to extend C/C++ to be C/C++/ObjC or is it being left for someone
> to come up with a separate language plugin?
I started adding Objective-C support to KDevelop 1.x 5 years ago. I think the
option on the 'new class' dialog might be about the only thing left of it.
Objective-C isn't too difficult to parse, but it doesn't fit well with C/C++
features like code completion or use of automake. So a separate plugin might
be the best idea.

-- Richard