'Updating...' after project build

Daniel Franke daniel.franke at imbs.uni-luebeck.de
Mon May 31 02:19:32 UTC 2004

> > On Tuesday 25 May 2004 07:16, Nick Savoiu wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>Do you guys know what KDevelop updates after a project build?

> > Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> > Yes.. it does a reparse of the project. I'm not really sure why it does
> > this,  possibly because in some cases source files are updated
> > during builds (.ui generated code, for instance). Roberto?

> Amilcar wrote:
> I think Roberto once said that it only parses the files that changed.
> Maybe what takes a long time is to figure out which files changed. Are
> the files on the local hard drive or NFS?

If this is not solved yet, here my two cents:

$KDEVELOP/languages/cpp/problemreporter.cpp:
	void ProblemReporter::slotActivePartChanged(KParts::Part* );

Any part that is a KTextEditor::Document that becomes active will be parsed by
the cpp-backgroundparser ($KDEVELOP/languages/cpp/backgroundparser.cpp).
From my point of view Amilcar's statement should be true - as long kdevelop
doesn't sweep through all parts available anywhere :)

Cheers
	Daniel