make: *** No rule to make target `kpartapp.tar.gz', needed by `all-am'

Bernd Pol bernd.pol at online.de
Fri May 28 22:20:07 UTC 2004

Hi Steven,

this looks quite similar to some problems I experienced after upgrading
to SuSE 9.1 about a month ago. A complete rebuild in a clean directory
solved those issues here.

I took the CVS sources I knew were building formerly, ran a
    make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean
over all of them and then compiled as usual. The machinery adapted
seamlessly to the new autotools versions.

Since then I was able to upgrade from CVS once or twice a week, running
nightly CRON jobs almost like Amilcar did.

BTW: Do not mix Unsermake and normal build runs on the same compilations
without a clean. I ran into severe compilation problems by
inadvertently doing so. My scripts used to fall back to a
normal build when Unsermake failed.
Although really I do like Unsermake, I decided to not use it anymore on
CVS builds, because now and then rather simple changes to the sources
caused it to to fail.

Am Freitag, 28. Mai 2004 17:39 schrieb Steven T. Hatton:
> On Friday 28 May 2004 11:19, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> > On Friday 28 May 2004 17:07, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > > Build problem over here.
> > > make: *** No rule to make target `kpartapp.tar.gz', needed by
> > > `all-am' I'm still looking for a workaround.
> >
> > Unsermake is broken.
> > please use the normal autotools.
>
> Perhaps a version issue?
>
> autoconf --version
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
> Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
>

> automake --version
> automake (GNU automake) 1.8.3
> Written by Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat.com>.
>
> gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 3.3.3

Have a nice day,
Bernd
--
Never trust a running program, but always worship its makers.