CTags2

Nick Savoiu savoiu at ics.uci.edu
Thu May 27 07:48:16 UTC 2004

> > Also when I double click the item in the CTAGS pane it opens the file but
> > the cursor is not positioned on the proper line.
>
> Hmm? And this is when using the CTAGS bottom toolview? And the "tags" fils
> is generated through the CTAGS2 "generate" button?
>
> CTAGS2 should be much better than the first plugin at finding the correct
> line. It's 1) regexp based, as opposed the old linebased search, and 2)
> it's clever enough to grep the actual contents of the editor, not the
> on-disc file, in the even that these differ.
>
> Any hints about how it fails? Always? When the file is/isn't already open?

I think one of the problems might be the fact that clicking 'Regenerate' does
not actually generate a ctags database.

kdevelop: [virtual void CTags2Widget::regeneratebutton_clicked()]

but no 'tags' file and the CTAGS pane complains 'No CTAGS database found.'

Any ideas? The old CTAGS generates a database when asked to do so.

Nick