AppWizard IRC Discussion

Alexander Dymo cloudtemple at mksat.net
Tue May 11 18:08:05 UTC 2004

Those who follow our irc discussions will understand this... ;-)

Ian Geiser suggested an interesting approach to generate appwizard GUI
on the fly using desicriptions in ini files. But after yesterday's talk
a simpler decision came to mind. Generated GUI could be used mostly
for filling the map of application template variables. But why using ini file
to generate gui when we can make Qt do this for us. I refer to dynamically
loaded ui files. Appwizard could optionally load ui file if the apptemplate
has it and put it inside appwizard page located after general settings
which apply for all apptemplates. This could make creating apptemplates the
simplest process ever (of course, assuming that template is a simple
archive to extract).

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine