how to proceed with the user manual (was: questions about contributing.)

Alexander Dymo cloudtemple at mksat.net
Sun May 2 04:01:14 UTC 2004

On Friday 30 April 2004 21:34, Bernd Pol wrote:
> Alexander is on rewriting work as well. So I am unsure where to proceed.
> Are there any hints yet how the new UI's will look (app wizard, doc,
> even automake)?
The interface of the new documentation viewer is considered to be finished.
More plugins (for KDE API docs, DevHelp and others) will be added in time.
But this won't change interface. Every new plugin will only add another
toolbox item to the documentation configuration dialog (now there is only one
item "Qt Documentation Collection". The documentation tool view is finished
and new plugins will only append documentation topics and indexes there.

Don't know about automake. Project management will be rewritten but
the actual work hasn't been started yet. Probably for 3.1 release automake
manager will be kept as is.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine