how to proceed with the user manual (was: questions about contributing.)

Sascha Cunz sascha at sacu.de
Sat May 1 17:58:19 UTC 2004

Hi Bernd,
> Alexander is on rewriting work as well. So I am unsure where to proceed.
> Are there any hints yet how the new UI's will look (app wizard, doc,
> even automake)?
>
> There is quite a lot else left to do in the manual. But these are the
> chapters where work is waiting to get finished.

As to the appwizard: I have now added Paul Drummond's patch to have
"favourites" at the template creation level.
If i get agreement on the other mail, i just sent to the list, then the "vcs"
page from appwizard is likely to be removed (and instead being replaced by a
"repository creation wizard").
It is likely that there will be at least one additional page in appwizard,
which will prepend the current template selection.

With regards to usability, i think that it would be clever to split template
selection and entering project details into two separate pages. This page
currently covers all vertical space on my 1024x768 display, so i guess it is
unuseable with 800x600.
Any comments from others on this?

Cheers Sascha