CVS HEAD problems

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Mar 23 13:49:02 UTC 2004

Jens Dagerbo wrote:

>> - no Success message when compilation done. I might fix this later.
>
> Hmm.. works here, but I think someone else reported that too.

I will verify it in the sources.

>> - I cannot dock the bottom views under the editor, but not under the left
>> treeviews in IDEAl mode. I could do previously (and it is still possible
>> with Kate)
>
> I don't understand. What is it that you can't do? I can freely move and
> dock the toolviews to whatever border in IDEAl mode. The setup isn't saved
> between sessions, but that's nothing new..
Yes, sessions restoration does not work, and I knew that, although until now
it worked if I moved some toolview from the left to the right edge, at
least that one was remembered. But regarding my problem see the
screenshots:
- what I want (shown from Kate):
http://www.kdewebdev.org/~amantia/kdevelop_good.jpg
- what I have: http://www.kdewebdev.org/~amantia/kdevelop_bad1.jpg

>> - Window->Close All does not work at all, or closes only some files
>> (IDEAl mode)
>
> Right. It was a consequence of the new mainwindow. It works for "File ->
> Close All" though. (Do we really need this action in two places?!). I'm
> still trying to find a sane way of wiring up what we need in the Window
> menu without importing half of KMdiMainFrm again...

I also don't know what to say. Close can be in both of them. I think Close
All belongs to Window only.

> What's missing:
> #The Close All / Close Others functionality (duplicated in the File menu)
> #XMLGUI-merged entries - currently only the "closer dialog".
> #(Functionality
> which is now duplicated by the FileList plugin)
> #The list of open files (again, duplicated by the FileList plugin)
> #Some form of access to the ChildFrame mode's window tileing methods -
> #this is
> the only really unique functionality left in the Window menu. It's worth
> noting that Kate doesn't have one..
>
>> - KDevelop uses 90-100% of CPU in some case (with a certain set of opened
>> files). I had 12 auto-opened file on startup, and started to close one by
>> one. The CPU usage went down when I remained with one, but after that it
>> remained low even if I reopened some more files.
>
> Never seen that. You say "with a certain set of opened file". Does this
> mean it's fully reproducible? Does the debug trace seem to indicate that
> anything is going on?

I saw that when I loaded my Quanta project which opened 12 files. After I
closed the files one by one, the CPU was still at 100% until I closed the
last but one. When I reopened that file, the CPU did not went up to 100%,
so it was not because that file.

OK, I found the reason: the CPU usage is ~100% when you load a project and
it restores some opened files. This is reproducable, even with two files
(one .h and one .cpp), but not when only one opened file is restored.

Andras