CHM files

Thomas Ritter th.ritter at gmx.net
Sun Mar 21 20:05:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

searching the mailing list archives and browsing the CVS, I found the
following info in the doctreeview chm part:

(11 months, 1 week ago):

"Microsoft HTML Help part and kioslave for viewing html files added.
Integration with doctreeview is coming."

Is there still work being done? Can I help? I'd love to have chm files in the
doctree, as I own a load of ebooks in this format.
Is there any more documentation on the doctree? I'd like to create some
scripts/programs to generate doctree folders in KDevelop... PDF files
sometimes have indexed toc's as well.
What's the preferred method to plug CHMs into KDevelop's doctree? I could
modify ChmProtocol::get to create a .toc file when asked for the path /.toc
inside the file (or a similar name). At the moment only the path "/" is being
crafted, the rest is HTML anyway.
Would this help or it this not the correct way to do things like this?
The .toc file could be used under "KDevelopTOC documentation" directly, this
would be mildly convenient even without a special GUI. But of course, I could
create a doctree item subtree... What's the preferred way?

Any comments?

PS 1: I'd love the doctree as a konqueror sidebar.
PS 2: With 45 books converted from CHM to DEVHELP, I start to like the idea of
folders in the doctree to sort things into...
--
Thomas Ritter

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin