KDevelop Simple KDE app template and 404 links

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Jun 24 16:13:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

While trying something to help a user, I noted several problems, building a
new C++ -> KDE-> Simple KDE Application:

1- in Project -> Project Options... the icons are missing on the left (I
recently made a new fresh KDE install)

2- the Simple KDE Application template (KDE Hello World) fails to compile due
to a faulty
main.cpp:22: error: `License_$LICENSE$' is not a member of `KAboutData'
The $LICENCES string is not replaced correctly.

3- the licence headers are gone which is bad. All KDE code should have a
licence notice.

4-Build -> Make mesages & Merge fails:
gmake -C po merge
gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target `merge'.
The pot file is created but does not contain any messages, just the author
name and email.

The 2 and 4 problems are very important because they prevent the new
kde-would-be-developer to successfully use KDevelop. I believe they can
easily be fixed by someone who knows where the code is.

All these links have 404 errors:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdevelop/html/inherits.html
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdevelop/html/LangSupportStatus.html
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdevelop/html/architecture.html