KDevelop UI cleanup initiative

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Jun 7 21:26:03 UTC 2004

Alexander Dymo wrote:

> On Sunday 30 May 2004 18:07, Andras Mantia wrote:
>> - there are two separartors between Grep and Cvsservice
> Fixed.
>> And about the new documentation plugin (mainly bugs, annoyances):
>> - Index is not so useful as it doesn't list the methods
> Having methods in index is possible but will lead to a slow down.
> I don't know, if methods worth adding to the index?

This the feature that I use the most in Qt Assistant. As KDevelop doesn't
offer autocompletion for Qt/KDE methods, the quickest way to find the
parameters for a method is to search in the index. Doing a real search  is
slower, and takes much more clicks. In such cases you usually know the
method name and just start to enter and quickly reach the description. Of
course you should deal with methods having the same name in different
classes. I think assistant deals well with it.

Andras