Is anyone looking at compiling KDEvelop using gcc-3.4.0?

Daniel Franke daniel.franke at imbs.uni-luebeck.de
Tue Jun 1 13:23:40 UTC 2004

> I've had some 'interesting' experiences with gcc-3.4.0.  It's more pedantic
> regarding the interpretation of the Standard.  That has cause some code not
> to compile. The resulting executables from successfully compiled code don't
> always play nicely with my KDE and QT when they are compiled with 3.3.x.  I
> favor moves toward stricter interprettation of the Standard, even if they
> are temporarily inconvenient.

There shouldn't be any problems - as long as you don't use MIPS or SPARC
hardware (http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.4/changes.html).

I have two blade servers (ultrasparc) around and I'm currently compiling
KDE-3.2.3 and kdevelop-3.0.3 using gcc-3.4 - at least I try to - due to my
last exam, I had to delay anything else, therefore, I hadn't had time to test
that last solaris patch yet ... *sigh* ... nevertheless, I will do it :)

Cheers
	Daniel

--
Dipl.-Math. (FH) Daniel Franke
Institut fuer Medizinische Biometrie und Statistik
daniel.franke at imbs.uni-luebeck.de