KDevelop 3.1 - Release or postpone?

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Fri Jul 23 00:22:04 UTC 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 18:56, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> On Thursday 22 July 2004 06:13 am, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> > On Thursday 22 July 2004 11:30, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > [...]
> Yes, but what about the last QMake patch that came after the freeze?
I tried to test it but it did not compile out-of-the box.
Did someone tested it?

> What about the quirkyness of the designer part?
I do not use QT and I think many people out there also do not use it.

> I think we are rushing a release for no good reason.
A good reason are the 118 bugs that are fixed in 3.1 and are present in *all*
3.0.x releases. I used the bugzilla to count them.

> We gain nothing from a release with KDevelop
> except we dont have to make a press release.
No, we do have to do the press release anyways :) They don't do it for us.

We gain the translations, and we gain the publicity.

> Having a few extra weeks IMHO is well worth it.
Is good but it will not fix all the problems. We can do a separate release
anyways.

I released the KDevelop 3.0.1 more or less alone. It's easy enough.
And we can do it according to Alexander's time plan.

--
Amilcar Lucas
Current webmaster