user manual help wanted - file selector configuration

Bernd Pol bernd.pol at online.de
Tue Feb 17 15:52:05 UTC 2004

Hi all,

there was something wrong with my installation. I updated KDevelop this
morning and now the file selector changes as ist should when it
displays or when a file was opened.

The only thing I cannot find out, is what the file selector was supposed
to do "When a document becomes active". Whatever I try, the file
selector does not react.
Naively, I thought it should change when I select another one of the
already opened documents, e.g. after clicking on the tab of another
source code file in IDEAl mode.

I grepped somewhat in the code and concluded that the file selector
should change on SIGNAL( viewChanged() ). But I can find no place where
this signal is emitted.

To not unnecessarily delay the User Manual, I will write something like
"File Selector changes when another one of the already opened documents
is selected". Please tell me if this was a wrong decision so that I can
change the explanation in the manual.