user manual help wanted - file selector configuration

Bernd Pol bernd.pol at online.de
Mon Feb 16 15:15:06 UTC 2004

O.K., I give up again. Next dumb question... ;-)

In the Auto Synchronization box of the File Selector configuration the
what's this help says:
"These options allow you to have the File Selector automatically change
location to the directory of the active document on certain events."

If this means, that if I open a certain document (provided the option
has been enabled), the File Selector contents switch over to the
directory the file is located in, then I cannot verify such a
behaviour. I tried with files from different directories - the
directory shown in the File Selector remains unchanged.

Bug or feature? Could someone please explain, what exactly was meant by
these three options (auto synchronize when a file is opened, becomes
active, or the selector becomes visible).

Bernd