New things being worked on

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Fri Dec 17 18:06:06 UTC 2004

Hi Matt,

Well I have to say I have a lot of stuff/ideas for KDevelop, but not for the
version 3.x. I'm _not_ more interested in KDevelop 3.  I mean KDevelop 3
works great for me and I use it for my dailywork without problems, but now I
want to work on new technologies. KDevelop 4 will be my next long term
project, and it will feature

  - a new parser engine - I'm thinking about Incremental GLR

  - a new Code Model - I would like to merge Catalog and CodeModel, maybe
    using Lucene(??)

  - a new Project Manager - some early code is available in
    buildtools/projectmanager/

  - a new VCS - I would like to integrate it with the Project Manager

  - a new Debugger

and of course

  - Code Refactoring

  - Code Browsing

  - and so on...

I think it will take 2 or 3 years of development(maybe more), but I really
don't care :)

I hope to have time to review/update the code I already have :)

// have fun with KDevelop 3.x

ciao robe