New UI Configuration Dialog?

Paul Drummond paul.drummond at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Apr 21 02:16:05 UTC 2004

Hi all, sorry to ask such a daft question, but I am new to all this!

I have been actively watching the CVS commits for a while now, and I have
noticed some work on the user interface configuration, such as the ability to
configure tab settings, etc.  What I have read suggests that the "user
interface" page in the "Configure KDevelop" dialog should contain other
options besides just choosing the UI mode (ie, IDEAl, ChildFrame, etc).

I have just downloaded HEAD using the directions from the KDevelop website and
when I run KDevelop, the about box says the version is "KDevelop 3.0.90-CVS".
Is that the latest version?

If so, then is the new UI stuff disabled by default or something?  Or maybe I
just have a broken version of KDevelop.  I am using gentoo but have not
emerged the source.  I've just downloaded via CVS and installed manually
using "./configure --prefix=$KDEDIRS".  Everything else seems to work fine -
I just want to ensure I ALWAYS have the latest version!