KDevelop and ".kdevelop.pcs" files

Pieter Pareit pieter.pareit at planetinternet.be
Fri Apr 9 09:50:05 UTC 2004

Op vrijdag 9 april 2004 08:40, schreef Pascal Francq:
> Hi,
> I know it is a know bug (I am using Mandrake 9.2), but when KDevelop
> starts, it crashes when it tries to read the ".kdevelop.pcs" file from the
> directory of the project. If the file is removed, KDevelop works fine.
> Is there a way (for example some line in the source code to comment) to
> make KDevelop skipping the reading of this file until the origin of the bug
> (which seems to be related to Mandrake) is identified?

Let's say you always work on 'myprjct' in dir '~/myprjct/', you could write a
little bash script that does "rm -f ~/myprjct/myprjct.kdevelop.pcs &&
kdevelop ~/myprjct/pyprjct.kdevelop".
The same trick could be applied if your working on different projects, using
find and a for loop in your projects dir (mine is ~/Projects/) and then
starting kdevelop.
Start this from an icon on your desktop and soon you'll forget all about it.

PS. I have not had this problem on mandrake 10, but I had some others for
which bugs are assigned.

Pieter