[despammed] Re: KDevelop 3.0.0 final

Hendrik Kueck kueck at cs.ubc.ca
Fri Oct 31 21:07:04 UTC 2003

> I prefer to move the "better .kdevses support" in kdevelop 3.1 schedule.. because it is
> a *BIG* change, and we don't have enough time to test it.

One thing to keep in mind: Doing it between kdevelop 3.0 and 3.1 means
that user's project files will become invalid (or at least a bunch of
settings will get lost) which would be annoying. So there probably would
have to be code for migrating project files from 3.0 to 3.1.

As far as I can tell .kdevelop files do not seem to have a version
number in them. It would probably be good to include the version number
of the KDevelop that created the .kdevelop project file so that old
project files can be easily detected and automatically migrated to a new
format.