KDevelop CVS does not build for kde-3.1.92

Izo I at siol.net
Mon Oct 27 09:58:04 UTC 2003

Jens Dagerbo wrote:

>Without knowing anything about the specifics of this case, I'd guess that
>attempting to support three KDE versions (KDE HEAD, KDE-3.1.x and KDE-3.0.x)
>is hard enough. Adding KDE-A-BIT-OLDER-THAN-HEAD to that is unreasonable,
>milestone or not.

Jens !

line 9 of lib/qextmdi/kmdidockwidget.h says

# if KDE_VERSION < KDE_MAKE_VERSION(3,1,90)

If 90 is changed to 93 the lib/qextmdi/kdockwidget_compat could be
applied to the kde 3.1.92 and 91 and 90 too. Which by me is reasonable
and simple enough. *But* doing so is obviously not enough since the
build system ignores the change for kde-3.1.92 so the compilation of the
src/mainwindow.cpp fails for the incompatibilities between
kdelibs-3.1.92 and 3.1.93. So I am asking Falk, as author of all the
sources in question, again to resolve this, really.

And about the  "support for 3.0.x" - have you tried to run the KDevelop
on KDE-3.0.x lately ? It builds, but for KDevelop-ers seems to be easier
to cut out the functionality as to try a little to make it work for
3.0.x too. It is cripple, really, in comparission to the 3.1.x builds !
And KDE-3.0.x based Linux systems are still the majority of the systems
used at this very moment *for serious* work. Are you thinking about
supporting the majority of serious Linux users or your work is meant to
be useful only academic and for a hacking ? For me, you can say whatever
you want, the KDevelop-2 is still the tool-to-be used !

Regards, Iztok