kdevelop.kdevelop

Roberto Raggi raggi at di.unipi.it
Wed Oct 22 11:53:05 UTC 2003

Hi!

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 01:10, F at lk Brettschneider wrote:
> Seems someone has removed the .kdevelop project file for KDevelop3 from
> CVS. I think it should be in CVS again since it's a proof of concept if
> that file is able to be shared in a team development environment.
>
> Any user-specific stuff should be moved to the common session file
> (~/.kde/share/config/kdeveloprc) or to the project-specific session file
> (.kdevses). Further details on this are at the bottom of white paper
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdevelop/html/howToA
>ddPlugins.html .
>
> Any objections for a reanimation?
well I've removed the .kdevelop file from CVS :) the point is at the
moment .kdevelop file is not designed for team development.. too many
"personal" informations are stored in .kdevelop file. for instance, all the
informations of doctreeview, the delay of the code completion, the VCS
preferences and even the file templates are stored in .kdevelop file. For
this reason I don't think it is a good idea to reanimate it (at least for
kdevelop 3.0)

ciao robe