What deleted my files?

Hendrik Kueck kueck at cs.ubc.ca
Sat Oct 18 12:04:04 UTC 2003

So I just finished my first change to Kdevelop. In order to produce a
patch file against the newest cvs version, I did an cvs update.
Then I called 'make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean' to prepare for a
clean build to check if everything compiles fine within the newest cvs.
One of these two steps seems to have been a BIG mistake. Because it
deleted all source files that I added (*Arghhh*). Well, only 2 files,
but still. What makes this really annoying is that I did not make any
backup before and reiserfs does not have an undelete. Darn.
Anyway, the reason for me writing this email is that I would be
interested in why the files were actually deleted.
I added the filenames under ..._SOURCES in the subdirectories
Makefile.am but nowhere else.

Hendrik