class libs/widget/KTabBar conflicts with class kdelibs/kdeui/KTabBar

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Wed Oct 15 11:19:04 UTC 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:31, Jens Dagerbo wrote:

> > > Please do not remove the old Gideon-IDEAl mode. Just make the new one
> > > the default.
> >
> > I'd vote for leaving the good old IDEAl the default mode for 3.0 release.
>
> I second that.
>
> Not only isn't KMdi proven stable yet, but as classic IDEAl has been the
> default and the most stable for most of this past year, other parts of
> Gideon have grown subtly dependant on IDEAl mode and a late change will
> most likely expose these pecularities and bugs.

Now that's worrying, but I would think since we have a December release (have
I got it right this time :-) it would be better to get the bug reports in
early as releasing kmdi in a flaky condition wouldn't be a good thing to do.
So I'd vote to change defaults now to encourage people to use the kmdi.

jbb