r++ and related code completion trouble

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Wed Oct 1 21:39:02 UTC 2003

Hi guys,

I'm having some problems with r++ and the code completion it should generate.

First I'd like to throw out the question, what is the goal of r++? Shouldn't
it be integrated in the GUI? Is it already? (Probably... It generally is when
I get around to asking ;-P )

--
Now, about r++. I had code completion with the system headers working several
months ago, created with r++ through some magic I can't remember. It was a

Now, some time ago I installed a new version of gideon (I do frequently) where
upon it told me that the database was not compatible and asked me to remove
it. Which I did...
I've been trying to recreate it ever since :-)...

As for r++ itself. Please add a more complete help text to it. I had to look
in the cpp file to understand how it was supposed to work.
To reiterate what the code says:

usage: r++ dbname [switches] directories...
-r --recursive traverse a directory and all subdirs
-a --all       to make it take parse all files, not just *.h
-f --fast     ...no idea what this does... (skipping resolving dependencies?)
-c --check-only don't write the database
-d        ...whatever... doc directory?

--
Okay having figured this one out I tried "r++ -a -r database /usr/include",
upon which it created a database called -a ... :-) (I think the option worked

Correct order of arguments is only: r++ dbname [switches] directories...

I'd be happy if someone added this (more completely perhaps ;) to the help of
r++ in kdevelop/parts/cppsupport/main.cpp.
---

Now, the serious stuff... However I try I can't get the created database to do
anything...
With a previous version I could put the cursor on the :: of a Qt derived class
and get _all_ methods, the whole inheritance three displayed! Now I get just
the methods of the actual class.

Anyone have any idea what happened? Does any one else see this? Something in
the works?

While creating a database with "-r /usr/include", r++ spits out several syntax
errors and files it can't find, especially STL files. "iterator" and "list"
are commonly reoccuring.
Could this have to do with it? Though I think it did previously also.

Regards,
Robert