MDI IDEAl - default start up behaviour

Bernd Pol bernd.pol at online.de
Mon Nov 10 00:04:02 UTC 2003

Hi Falk,

great job done, congratulations! MDI IDEAl mode is now almost to my
liking. I won't miss the old IDEAL again. :-)

On Sun November 09 2003 02:51, F at lk Brettschneider wrote:
> Should we open a minimum set of views on default startup?
> Maybe similar to MSVC?
> Would mean:
> Trees: classview, directory-view, automake/qmake-manager,
> documentation Outputs: application, messages, breakpoints,
> global-search&replace Any comments?

In my opinion, no. Views should only be shown as needed (and usable).
MSVC (as I remember it) unnecessarily clutters the screen.

> KMdi/qextmdi_compat is now in Beta stage. That's why, it has replaced
> the old IDEAl UI mode. There are still minor issues I'm going to fix
> until the final release... Thanks for your patience.

I still miss the right-click menus on the tabs and a separate close
button (esp. if there is no tab shown at all). Also the usual
navigation shortcuts should be there.

Bernd