QExtMDI

falk.brettschneider at gmx.de falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Tue May 13 10:44:02 UTC 2003

Hi!

> Hi,
>
>  We have plans on using QExtMDI in Quanta in the future
cool!

>, and I would like to ask some questions:
>  - is it considered to be stable (mostly from API point of view) ?
Yes.
Although, currently, I play with QDockWindows. I want to let the
QextMDI-widget type "tool-view" rather base on QDockWindow than on KDockWidget. I can't
promise if I'll have success with that change since I have to add the
"dock-as-tabwidget" feature to the common docking modes of QDockWindow, which is
very tricky due the private character of the Qt architecture. If I succeed, I
likely change the API that concerns to KDockWidget. If I fail, the TODO list
entry "fix the bug that docking sometimes is rejected by the target dockwidget"
will stay active.

>  - can it be moved to some common place (kdelibs), so we don't have to
fork it?
>From my point of view, I would say Yes. Not long ago (2 months?) there was a
discussion about that on kde-core-devel at kde.org. It didn't have a clear
result but people widely confirmed to a move to kdelibs.

> Andras
>
> - --
> Quanta Plus developer - http://quanta.sourceforge.net
Ciao