debugger chokes in __pthread_alt_close()

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Thu May 1 14:34:03 UTC 2003

On środa 30 kwiecień 2003 07:42 am, joop renes wrote:
> Hi.
> my program crashes, but when I run it in the debugger the thing chokes
> in __pthread_alt_close(), for which there are no symbols
> What can I do ?

You don't need to do anything. There isn't anything useful below
__pthread_alt_close() and nothing chokes AFAIK. Your backtrace up to
__pthread_alt_close() is what you need to be concerned with, stuff below that
is deep in the system libraries and you shouldn't be concerned about that.

Unless the __pthread_alt_close() is the only thing you see. Then probably it's
time to upgrade gdb.

Cheers, Kuba Ober